View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
I don't give a rats behind what they think. It's their right as Americans to think it if they want. You do not understand WHAT I am trying to say and have been saying for the last hour: My stance is to keep it from being taught in public schools where it is constitutionally forbidden.

The U.S. Constitution only states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.” Our founding fathers, who acknowledged the Creator in many places, including the Declaration of Independence, did not want a national religion such as the Church of England. (The phrase “separation of church and state” is not in the Constitution. Nor is the word “separation” or the word “church.”)

A few evolutionist organizations, the ACLU, and many media outlets have propagated that myth. The Supreme Court said that the scientific evidence for any theory of origins, including creation, has always been legal in the classroom. “Moreover, requiring the teaching of creation science with evolution does not give schoolteachers a flexibility that they did not already possess to supplant the present science curriculum with the presentation of theories, besides evolution, about the origin of life.