flashers still not working
Youall had hit it on the nose! Still have flasher problem but let me tell the folks what happen first:
1. I went to the grounding points on the drivers side it was connected, I disconnect it from the body looks like this is the part where it was repaired. The part where the bolt connects to the body was a lot of paint. I got my Dremel tool out and sand some paint away on both sides so I have some fresh metals expose.
2. Resolder the connections at the grounding points and also the connections at the bulb end just incase I have any hairline cracks.
3. Put everything back and now the fog-lights, high-beam, turn signal works the correct way.
Ok now about the flasher, It does not work with the lights on or off. The high-beam works how ever. I did the following test and no luck yet:
1. If the high-beam works, the path should be clear from the bulbs all the way to the switch (high-beams, flashers, turn-signal, windshield wiper combination switch), is this right?
2. To test the switch for high-beams I jumped pins 1 to 2, push lever forward for high-beams = good tone and connectivity. Is this right?
3. To test the switch for Flashers I jumped pins 11 to 2, pull lever backward for Flashers = good tone and connectivity. Is this right?
4. Should I be checking for the amount of ohm too? I just got the DMM on the diode setting and listening for tones only.
5. Anything else Iím missing here?
Thai GI sends...
GI but not GI Joe
They call me "The Thai GI"
Thai in the US Arsenal