View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Electrical Engineer

Update #3

I came across a thread that referred to checking the voltage at the throttle microswitch as a viable test to see if the OVP was functional. I tore apart the OVP yesterday resoldering a broken trace and removing corrosion and testing the overall circuitry. I got 11.7 Volts at the microswitch which is the same value that was measured at the battery. So according to this the OVP is working.

Im still attempting to understand/track down why i'm only getting 1-2 Volts at the IACV.

Upon gazing in the FSM the procedure for testing the IACV is:

"Connect test cable to actuator, set measurement to mA, switch on ignition, read"
"Without Lambda = 10mA, With = 20mA"

"If not ok--> Test Adjustment Plug"
"Designation Without Lambda - ECE, Designation with lambda KAT"
"If OK check wiring for continuity. Also check Resistance of the actuator ~19.5 +/- 1.5 Ohms"
"If Ok End of Test" "If not ok--replace Actuator"

I dont know what this KAT thing or where it would be located.
What governs the IACV voltage and current regulation?

After examining the pdfs:

the IACV pin 1 is hooked up to pin 3 on the CIS-E module
the IACV pin 2 is hooked up to pin 6 on the OVP relay.
in the PDF the IACV is refered to as Y6 "Idle Speed Adjuster (Air Valve)"

Update #4

After some seaching I managed to find a thread here:
(W126 low ICV voltage)

Referencing a low voltage (2.5v, which is exactly my reading too) measured across the IACV. The thread seems to believe just straight replacing the OVP, however the original poster never reported back whether or not it solved his problem. A link within the thread points to a suggestion of simply replacing the OVP. I am not sure this is the solution as I've dismantled the OVP and everything inside it checks out.

(4/11/2020: Hi Everyone! I am still taking orders and replying to emails/PMs/etc, I appreciate your patience in these crazy times. Stay safe and healthy!)

82 300SD 145k
89 420SEL 210k
89 560SEL 118k
90 300SE 262k RIP 5/25/2010
90 560SEL 154k
91 300D 2.5 Turbo. 241k
93 190E 3.0 235k
93 300E 195k