View Single Post
Old 05-09-2000, 11:15 AM
Feathered Member

Hello People,

I have a 1995 Mercedes-Benz E420 (W124) which came w/ a set of 195/65HR15 Continental ContiTouring Contact CH95's. I may be be replacing these tires soon, and have been frequenting this section of the forum for the past month. From what I have read, I have decided to get 215/60R15 tires, so I can still use the OEM rims that came with my car, but have a bit more contact with the road. I like the suggestions about gettin' the Michelin Pilot XGT V4's. However, I am still a bit concerned about the overwhelming costs of these tires, and still a little unsure about the 215/60R15 sizing (are you guys DEFINITELY sure this size will work???). I asked the mechanic at the Mercedes dealership which services my vehicle, and he suggests that I remain using CH95's with the original sizing. He also says that he has never seen or heard of people sticking 215/60R15 tires on the original rims, which makes me a "tad" bit concerned. So, being paranoid, I just wanted to double check with you guys. Thanx a lot!

------------------
1995 Mercedes-Benz E420 (W124 - Black Pearl/Black)