View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
88Black560SL

Any Interest in Chevy powered kits

I have been seeing lots of posting on Chevy powered benzes. I would like to know how many of the people on this forum are interested in such and would actually pay cash for a chevy powered kit. So take your time and please anser these questions.

1) How many would want me killed for bastardising a Benz.

2) Which models would you like to see kits for. I happen to be a 107 fan in case you havent noticed.

3) Would you be willing to pay say $6000 for a kit including modified sub frame, all engine and trans mounting hardware, modified drive shaft, custom aluminum or brass radiator, AC hoses, PS hoses and exhaust down pipes.

4) I have also considered turn key installations, but with the overall cost of installing a used Chevy engine about the same as a used M120 benz engine, I belive I would be better to focus the high end turn key solution to the MB engine installations only, a C06 vett engine may be an ecception to that rule.

5) How do most Chevy conversions take place. Is it something like, I have a used MB that I really like but it has a blown engine and my dad just wrecked his Caprice. Then the I start the project not realizing what I steped into and either completed it, because I had so much time and money into it and I had to do something, or I abandond it and learned never to do that again.

John Roncallo