View Single Post
Old 02-06-2002, 10:49 AM
Brake Fluid Change Interval

A previous post regarding brake fluid change on a 190E brought it to mind, but I recall that the suggested maintenance interval on my 93 300E is every year on the brake fluid, and every other year on the coolant.
In the past, on all my cars I've changed the coolant every year and the brake fluid every 30,000 miles. Everyone that I discuss this with thinks I'm crazy for changing the brake fluid even at this rate. Most people don't even realize it is a fluid that needs changing, even guys who regularly know about car maintenance.

How often does everyone change their brake fluid?

Do you think every year is overly excessive?

For that matter, what about power steering fluid. To be honest, I've never considered changing power steering fluid in my cars, but have read threads on this site about owners doing it. Is it really necessary?

Btw, I'm in New Orleans on a business trip. I'm thinking of heading over to Bourbon St. this evening to check out the Mardi Gras parades. I'm told that if you throw beads at the girls, they'll raise their tops. All my life I've been trying to get women to take their clothes off, and all it takes down here is a cheap bead necklace...
Paul S.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".