View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM

something i came across when i first got my 2.5 that i thought might be a good method of diagnosing engine noises. As so many here had reported good results with diesel purge and even though i never put much faith in "mechanic in a can" i did give it a try,as soon as the diesel purge reached the injectors all fuel related Knocking (nailing) went away and all that was left was the sound of a nice smooth running diesel.Once it was back on D2 all the clatter and knocking returned as quickly as it had gone. My point being that if you are not sure which noises are real mechanical such as collapsed lifters or other internal noise try the diesel purge to eliminate the fuel related noise so you can hear what ever other noise there might be and you might be lucky as i was and not have any mechanical defect noise.If you are not familiar with the diesel purge method do a search her there are plenty of posts outlining the procedure.A new set of nozzles was all that was needed to eliminate all the racket,ihope you are as lucky. My $.02 Don

97 E300D 157000 miles
87 300TD ?141k? miles