View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_russo View Post
Good news, I didn't need an IP.

The bad, while changing the fuel return lines I placed a rag in the intake manifold to keep debris from getting in there (smart). When I put the crossover pipe back on I forgot to take the rag out (DUMB!) and when I started the car the rag traveled up the intake manifold starving one of the cylinders of air. This of course caused the cylinder not to fire making the car run poorly and smoke.
When I read that, it made me laugh so much that the other people in the internet cafe looked at me like I was crazy

I've done stuff like that before too. Once, I did valve cover gaskets on my Lincoln Town Car, and I forgot to hook the MAP sensor back up. It took me about three hours and pulling the upper intake plenum back off to figure out why my 5.0 gasser was blowing black smoke like an old Cummins and getting single-digit gas mileage.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.