View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM

install

The install is really fairly easy. The vac pump is hard to miss, I think it is under your rear seat like the 190E maybe a diff location but still under the seat. The install is straight forwards really. If you are jsut worried about unlocking it is even easier. Get a power and ignition connection from behind the kick panel on the left side on the drivers side at the main connections ( right where the tip of your left foot goes is about where it is at. Run the wires under the trim plates and carpet and rails along the drivers side of the car and under the rear seat. Splice in to the vac pump line that controls the door locks and that is the gist of it without a lot of typing and speifics. There are several write up s on it and they are all about the same, W124 and W201 cars are similar in the install.
I think you can do it give it a shot and ask questions as you go if need be...its how we all learn. No matter what it will be done better than Best Buy. Those kids that do the installs there know the inside of the ash tray of the Hondas and Acuras, but they dont know anything about the Mercedes. THey once told be I needed to add a mechanical selonoid to operate the door lock knob case there was "no way to make the stupid locks MB designed work", Circuit City told me it "just cant be done on those old Mercedes cars"
Do it yourself and it will be right and no mishaps with them damaging the car cause they dont care.
Good luck.

I have a 1989 300CE, is the install similar to your 16v? Could you give more instructions? where is the vac pump and it is accessible from the trunk?

Or could you copy the installation page of the one at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260191986576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

I would like to know if it is not beyond my DIY limit before buying that one.

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
1993 300CE - SOLD
2003 W208 CLK 320 Cabriolet - Magma Red