View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 02:50 AM

I had my most expensive fill ever today - I usually pump my own at a local commercial cardlock but was in a rush and got 5 gallons at the corner station, where in Oregon you don't pump your own. 2 miles later things started to go downhill and after stopping I could not restart. Turns out the punk kid station attendant gave me 5 gallons of premium unleaded. He was on his cell phone the entire transaction so I shouldn't be too surprised. A tow and two hours of shop time later I was back on the road. $159 at the local indy, don't know yet what the tow will be, and $17 and change for the gasoline.

By the way, I called MBUSA and they were no help at all. Called the filling station and they were very sorry but they couldn't help me. The kid said, "You asked for 92" "Why would I ask for 92? I drive a diesel!" "I don't know, but I gave you what you asked for. Good luck."

I was lucky though to break down half a mile from a well-known Portland indy. I called them, they set me up with a tow, and on a Friday afternoon they fit me in and got it resolved. I am not even a customer of theirs. Three cheers for MBI.
#22, afterglow, plastic fan, euro lights, alternator upgrade, cluster housing update