View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
MB, love..hate..love..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncallo View Post
Are your SS GTO rings split or one piece like the MB ones. I believe I saw those rings and I offered the guy $90.00 for them. No deal thats life, thats business. It's still half the price. I might change my mind an bid on them so you might best quickly reconsider.

John Roncallo
You have 19 hours.... http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mercedes-107-380sl-450sl-560sl-headlight-rings-chrome_W0QQitemZ310007319752QQihZ021QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Seriously, a dealer price of $65.00 for a retaining ring? Nah, I'll pass thanks.
And yes, the rings for the GTO are split and welded at the bottom. They arrived today. I haven't had a chance to work with them yet, but I'm still sure they will fit nicely, and you'd have to get down on your knees and look close under the bulb to see the little split. They are stainless and nearly mint.
I don't mean to offend anyone who can afford to go all out on an SL project (or any other for that matter. We're still all car guys, after all). But it is still OK to build a nice 'driver' and on a budget too. I figure the money I saved on these rings will pay for something else I can't fabricate. And with the current SL market, I'm going to be doing lots of inventive fabrication!

Edit: John, I just went to look at your 'Sadie', and realized that the picture with the podium in front was the one I downloaded about a year ago and kept as my 'inspiration' for the SL I wanted, and finally got! My compliments on a stunning machine.

Last edited by donbryce; 12-21-2007 at 08:59 AM.