View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
You've just made a good case for changing them all.

OTOH: Last week you wrote that you do not throw money at your car in parts costs on GPs. You can't have it both ways.......especially on the identical parts (GP) replacement. --Confusing to say the least........
If you read the entire response and quoted it in context I said later in that same post "If I had known then what I know now I would not have tackled that job since it was pure luck that I didn't break one off then..." so I am not inconsistent. At the time, in 2005, there was not as much information out there in terms of the risk of breakage during replacement so I did change them all but now I would not do that...unlike some people I do learn from experience and can actually change my opinions on things.

FWIW I see no benefit in responding to your "jabs" from now on, Joe. This is the last time I will spar like this so I hope you've enjoyed it...from here on out you can have the last say anytime you like and if you happen to post a question looking for help I'm not going to respond to that either.

You seem to believe you have all the answers even though you have been driving a car with a fuel leak for 9 years so apparently you don't...this board is for an exchange of constructive ideas and helping others while receiving help in return not trying to alienate people who are here because they want to share their experience and knowledge with others and they happen to disagree with you.

I see you simply revel in misery...why else would you live with a lemon like your car and ignore everyone's advice on how to resolve it but still stick around here and stir the pot every chance you get.

From now on, I'll simply ignore your posts and maybe others will too so remember that if someday you do find yourself in need of advice on how to fix something and nobody comes to your aid.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz

Last edited by nhdoc; 12-20-2007 at 10:09 PM.