View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS View Post
My resolution to this issue:

1) Infinity requires a broker - they don't sell direct. Last thing I want is another insurance broker on the payroll. Pass.

2) Grundy has an iffy reputation. Pass.

3) American Collector requires you to agree that you are not able to drive to a destination. Car shows and pleasure driving w/o a destination only. In other words, if they found out I was driving the car on the way home from Barnes and Noble, they'd have an out and possibly deny the claim. Pass.

4) My "normal" insurance co. (Travelers) don't offer an "Agreed Policy".

5) I ended up jamming my limits to the max and sticking with Hagerty. $530 a year for an agreed value of $25,000. Seems like a lot for a car I don't drive often, but I since I haven't skimped a penny anywhere else on the car, why skimp on the insurance.
You might ask Hagerty how old the car has to be to fall out of their "exotic" class, if that is how they rate your SL now. When I had my 560SL with them it was "exotic" and I thought they said that model needed to be 25 years old to go into the "classic" class which lowers the premiums quite a bit. So, maybe next year when your car turn 25 you will get a break. Also, ask them if adding another car would save some $$ (I know it is counterintuitive, but as I said in one of my other posts I just added a second car which only cost $23 a year because they stopped charging a "single car surcharge" for car #1. Then you can justify buying another oldie

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz