View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbryce View Post
You have 19 hours.... http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mercedes-107-380sl-450sl-560sl-headlight-rings-chrome_W0QQitemZ310007319752QQihZ021QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Seriously, a dealer price of $65.00 for a retaining ring? Nah, I'll pass thanks.
And yes, the rings for the GTO are split and welded at the bottom. They arrived today. I haven't had a chance to work with them yet, but I'm still sure they will fit nicely, and you'd have to get down on your knees and look close under the bulb to see the little split. They are stainless and nearly mint.
I don't mean to offend anyone who can afford to go all out on an SL project (or any other for that matter. We're still all car guys, after all). But it is still OK to build a nice 'driver' and on a budget too. I figure the money I saved on these rings will pay for something else I can't fabricate. And with the current SL market, I'm going to be doing lots of inventive fabrication!
Thats the same guy I offered $90 for them. He since raised the price from 120 to 129 and his shipping is high.