View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Another View. . .

Flash To The Future...

The year is 2062. Ernesto is 93. He's reminiscing with some remaining friends, his 36 year old fourth wife, and his numerous grandchildren ranging in age from 4 to 44.

Ernesto's commentary goes something like this:

"I can still remember when I turned 33. We used to have something that was called "the internet". Can you believe that we used to communicate all over te world using keyboards linked to computers that were themselves linked to this "internet" through telephone lines? Initially, it only carried audio signals, but by the time we really started using the internet when I was 33, we were able to send data and even video and graphics files down those phone lines. I remember a "forum" I used to participate in called "MercedesShip". No, I think it was "MercedesShot", or was it "MercedesShack". I can't remeber now, but whatever it was called, I had fun with the people there who contributed to the lively discussions we had, and we used to help each other with repairs and information. Why, we were actually a community that cared about each other!"

Shut-up Grandpa, and get out for a drink before total senility sets in. And tell the dad-blamed bartender that it's your gol-danged birthday, so you expect the friggin' house to buy you a drink...

Many happy returns...

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."