Thread: Stranded
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmith29 View Post
My newly acquired 300 D left me stranded 20 miles from home on Christmas Evening. I was drivin right along and I noticed it gradually lost power. I pulled off the interstate and the poor thing started shaking very hard and then it died before I could get off the ramp from the interstate. I tried starting it several times. It would turn over and run for a second or two then shake like crazy and die. I heard a significant amount of rattle over by the air intake housing, above the turbo. It felt and sounded like it was starved for fuel. I changed both fuel filters and it did the same thing. I finally got her towed back home and I am gonna try to figure out what is going on with it tomorrow. Does anyone know what is going on here??
The slowly losing power is a sign of fuel starvation I'd take fuel cap off swap the fuel lines at the lil plastic filter ruleing out the screen in the tank and look at the return lines maybe put a little piece of plastic clear line see if it's getting air into the system somethings eather restricting or allowing air to get into the system would be my vote. Unless it's gelling didn't mention how cold it was etc.. not likely but possible?