View Single Post
Old 02-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Member of the board

Angry Speeding ticket.

So there I was two nights ago, 1.30 in the morning minding my own business, cleaning out my cats and exhaust doing a conservative 140 on the highway when it happened. Traffic is very light, roads are dry I am in the express lanes of the 401 up here in Toronto. He must have watched me from the collectors and just waited for the chance to get behind me. I made it easy for him, transfered into the collectors 3 miles from home. As I look over my right shoulder to check the traffic I see this car matching my speed exactly. You know the feeling you have simetimes that something is not right but can put your finger on it? It was one of those moments. There is a mile long descent before my exit so I was going to gun it, I got up to about 150 when the night lit up behind me. Damn. I ease on to the right, pull close to the guardrail to give him enough room and wait. License registration and insurance please says the law in a thick britisth accent. Where are you going so fast? At this point I could give him a lame excuse or make it fast and easy, I decide the latter. I said look it is 1.30 in the morning I am really tired just want to get home fast, I live around the corner. He goes back to the cruiser does his "dirty business", comes back and says. I clocked you at 138 in a 100 zone but you did not bull**** me so I reduced it to 120. Take it easy. Moral of the story: I got lucky (I will go to court and try to knock it down more you realise and speed only when sun is up. Speed is measured in km/h around here.

Alex