View Single Post
Old 02-10-2002, 02:38 PM

What! Washing machine shopping! Where are your priorities? Just kidding...

The get together was great. It was interesting to finally get to see the faces behind the postings.

There were a lot of W124's, in particular the 500E that everyone was drooling over. There was the W140 in the picture, looked like brand new. A 1998? S500. There was Mike's beautiful 72 280 SE 4.5, with the shift on the column. I even got a ride around the parking structure (to look for the toy that one of his girls dropped), around the mall, outside the mall, and a U-turm back to the garage. Made me wish I would have bought a similar one that I almost bought in 1992 in Laguna Beach.

There were no coupes. We sure could have used your car there, Alon. Hope to see you at the next one.

John's 300E Sportline was incredibly clean. Like being in a time-warp back in 1986. Love those 8-hole C class rims.

Ernesto's 87 300E was beautiful. I love the monotone paint job. In fact, if I had a pre 91 300E with the black trim, I'd do the same thing. Looks much like a C-Class. He had beautiful Brabus rims, a shift nob with leather and wood and chrome surround that I have to get. He also had a new exhaust that gave the car a throaty exhaust note. He had a subwoofer in the trunk that puts out sooo much base, you might have to go back and tighten down the bolts in the car should they loosen up. Just kidding...

Last, I give the MVP award to Mike Tangas. I had purchased a Hirshman antena mast on E-bay for $30.00, that didn't come with instructions. I brought it with me in the trunk and when I asked if I anyone knew how they went on, sure enough, Mike did. We scavenged a set of pliers from my roadside kit in the trunk, and 45 seconds later, it was installed. Mike is amazing! Kind of like MacGyver. Give him some string, pliers, maybe a crescent wrench, and duct tape, and he could make you a bomb.

I guess it's like Alcoholics Anonymous. My wife and most of my friends think I get too carried away maintaining, detaling, working on, spendind money on, researching, etc. my car. It's not to meet other guys who share the same illness, or rather, way of life. lol.

I always tell my wife that she knew this when she married me. Pre-existing condition. You know, like when you sign up for health insurance.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".