View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 04:39 PM

New radio questions?

Guys,
I got a CD player for the Mercedes (82, 300DT) for Christmas and went to install it today and ran into some problems. First, it was mucho fun getting the old radio out (Becker Europa) finally got it after trying about 1000 different things. Next is the wiring or lack there of. There is a fused black wire going to the back of the radio (I assume this is power), two sets of wires that are green/black and red/black (speakers), and then a large black wire with a spade connector--no clue what it is, and finally the antenna and a brown wire (ground?). Does anyone know how to connect my new stereo with 2 wires for each speaker to what is behind the old one?

Would it be easier to start over and run new wire? Should I just get used to the Becker that works fine other than adjusting the tuner by itself when you go down a rough road? I know I could get the radio installed at Best Buy or Circuit City but I have had bad experiences with both places hacking up stuff and would prefer not to mess up what I have in the Benz. Thanks for any help.