View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 09:06 AM

Thanks to all

Thanks again to all. The little details and hints are invaluable in preparing for the job...as each person as offered additional advice, I have created a file of info., and put together my shopping list. Tom, I bought one of those "Gear Wrench" 13mm racheting wrenches for adjusting the IP from Ace Hardware...these are very nice and high quality...especially nice is the 5 degree ratcheting increment....I think Ill buy myself a few more (a 10, 12 and 17mm....very usefull for this car).

I am expecting to keep the car for a long time, and have already done many, many repairs, including completely rebuilt AC (R134), suspension, new rear trailing arm, new axles, SS exaust, cruise as well as many other things.

RTH, engine mounts and shock were done within the past couple of years, and front seal leaks no oil. I do think I will do all the coolant hoses, as you suggest, since they are all original. You also suggested replacing the oil cooler lines...do you mean the ones connected to oil filter housing? I will be doing the gasket for the oil filter housing...but I'm worried about disconnecting oil cooler lines (maybe I need to anyway) because Im afraid they may be siezed and will strip aluminum threads.

I think I will also replace the fan clutch...the one in there is original (17 years old), as well as belts.

I plan on doing the job in a month or so when the weather warms up (since I will be in my driveway ). I will keep you informed regarding progress of the work.

thanks again,

Mark