View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM

over 40mpg with your old Mercedes

* Thought that would get your attention. I've personally never seen such a claim. But wouldn't a retrofit that could offer an honest 40mpg in a 15 yr old car stir up some serious interest.
* There would certainly be a lot of Mercedes owners who would rather put say $10K into such a retrofit for their older, trusted sedan than buy one of the new toy cars.
* The middle east has always been a troubled area. In my view, it would be even more troubled, not less troubled, if the oil supply were gone. The main problem, in my view, which will cause the current fuel price rise to be permanent and ever worsening, rather than just a temporary bump in the market, is the emergence of huge new markets like China and India. Just think how many new customers will be shopping for fuel for their newly purchased Tata Neon.
* AMG has always been known for their 0-60 performance enhancements. How about a company known for their 40-70mpg enhancements. And not by starting from scratch, but by retrofitting what is already safe, well-proven transportation. This industry might already be alive and well but I'm not aware of it. I'd be very interested in learning about and getting involved in such a cottage industry.
* What are your thoughts on any of these "bullet" points. I realize now that this thread might be less about performance (in the usual sense of the term) and more about open discussion. My apology.
Sheridan, IN