View Single Post
Old 02-14-2002, 03:17 PM
cossie

rant (can you believe this?)

Hi all,

I don't understand some people these days. This morning I went to the grocery store to get some soda. As I pulled into the lot, a mini van was just leaving this nice spot located right in front of the store. After waiting a few seconds for the guy to move out, I parked my car. At that time, this middle-age lady in a Honda Civic (previous model) made a left turn, and as she passed me, she seemed to be saying something. I don't think it was too nice, as her expression indicated. It appeared she was waiting for that parking spot as well. But I did not know that; had I known, I would have parked somewhere else. As a matter of fact, I think I was there first and saw no one waiting to park.

Well, after I parked my car, I got out and walked toward the store. But for some odd reason, the lady's expression made me think, and I turned around to see if she had gotten out. I saw her. She walked by my passenger side (this side was facing toward the street and therefore not visible from the store's position), and as she made her way toward my trunk and out into the open, I could see her putting something away in her purse (keys, perhaps?). I thought this was strange and suspicious. What made her actions really suspicious was that the path she took to head toward the store. She didn't even have to walk by my car at all--that would have been a slightly longer walk and with an obstacle in the way: my car.

My worst fears came to me, and I casually turned around and checked my car after she had entered the store. Argh! I saw some hairline "key" marks, which looked very unnatural in origin, and I don't remember seeing them before. But I didn't check my passenger side carefully or thoroughly, maybe because I didn't want to look like some weirdo who was in love with his car. Or maybe I didn't think much about these marks at the time and didn't want to believe that a middle-age woman, who was dressed decently, would actually do something so childish as keying someone's car.

I went back in to get my stuff, but I couldn't stop thinking about the whole incident. My suspicion grew and I walked by the lady to grace her with my presence and to send some message to her that I knew what she did. After I had bought my items, I went to my car. I checked it again, and my suspicion grew even more. I actually waited for her to get out. And when she did, I waited for her to leave. I didn't feel too comfortable confronting her because I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do.

Anyhow, she leaves and headed toward the lot exit. I followed her, but I didn't do it in a very obvious way. However, I did want her to see me though. She did, and her next action confirmed my suspicion. She was about to take this exit but decided to turn and take another to enter the same street. Why? Did she think that I was going to take her license plate number down? I don't know, but she acted like she did something wrong.

I think she might have. When I got home, I took a very careful look at my car and those marks do look like they were done by a key. I really don't remember ever seeing them before. I should note that my car has been parked at home for the past few days.

I'm not mad. I just don't understand why some people do this kind of childish things. I mean she was a motherly looking type of person. She was dressed nicely and did not look like the type that would vandalize other people's property. You would expect people like that to be a little more mature. I mean, I can be way immature at times, but I would never key someone's car. This lady should set examples for me! Anyhow, that's my rant.

BTW
People like that makes me think I'm better than them, because I would never do such an uncouth thing like that! Just my $0.05 worth.