View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
AHH,What's up Doc????

Don't think your getting fuel for only a dollar! Your card is charged a dollar to open the transaction and the rest of the money you spent will post to your account up to 4 days later! This is why you don't pay at the pump with a debit card!!!

Believe it or not, your better of paying with a credit card than a debit card. A credit card is automatically opened for $75 and if you close the pump with less than that, your credit limit is reduced by that amount almost immediately! And banks love to hit you with fees!

Look, I know this is off topic, but after having my ID stolen and learning about how credit and credit scoring works, I author several websites including those in my signature. If you have bad credit, then check out my credit card website. Some of these come with guaranteed approvals and it's never to late to start building a credit history. In the section for bad credit credit cards, Orchard bank cards are the easiest to get and I added these sites here because so many have no idea where to apply where there application will do the most good.

If it wasn't for my credit cards, there is NO WAY I could have ordered a radiator form Phil at a rush when I needed my car and was in between paychecks and have him send in NEXT DAY SERVICE!!!! Pay the balance off every month if you use it for fuel and the interest is irrelevant, but still CHEAPER than if you pay the bank for pay at pump fees! The very first time I used one of my new cards was here at Fastlane! I only had that one for emergencies and that was an emergency!

Sorry for the long rant, but I've been burned by bank cards long enough to know better! And no, I don't get a Transaction commission when you apply for a card through my website, just a better chance of being approved.

I included my sites and this post here because I thought that with so many posters saying they had credit card to order parts with, that maybe this time it's appropriate. Credit cards don't get you in trouble. Abuse of them will!

Last edited by Knightrider966; 01-19-2008 at 10:57 AM.