View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
registered biodiesel user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad300tdt View Post
There is a little more than an inch before the magnet would touch the mounting hardware for the spare. An 8" sub would fit better than the 10" I used. I did use high density foam to support the cover against the tire. I didn't put any other box behind it, just the spare cover with a sub mounted into it. The amp is mounted to the door on the other side where the first aid kit goes. It seems to have plenty of space to keep from overheating, at least it hasn't yet. I have the amp adjusted to allow the sub to fill out the sound, not create thumping bass hits. I would use a cabinet for that.
I looked at that original pic the wrong way... I was seeing the amp in the well for the 3rd row bench - I see now that it's on the wall of the 1st aid kit hatch. I assume you trimmed off the plastic holders in there?

I was thinking an 8" on the spare tire cover, but drilling a symmetrical hole pattern similar to the headliner cover and keeping the entire thing behind the cover's wall. You'd barely notice it but the sound would be just as good as a surface mount like that. Have you thought of painting the grille to match the carpet so it blens a little more or does it look ok like that?

And most importantly... how does it sound? =)