View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bells_77 View Post
The most important question to me is whether there is a need to enter some code into the Command unit to activate the feature, reset it, or do anything of that sort. I spoke with a service advisor, and he told me that it would be 1 hr. worth of labor, which to me sounds like a little *stealership* to open a center console, plug the thing in and turn the car on.... That's more like 30 minutes of labor....

Iluvmils, should i just do it myself, or should I bite the bullet and have it done at the stealership (my command unit was updated to the latest software level about 3 weeks ago).
If you think paying for thirty minutes of labor is "biting the bullet", nothing I say will change your mind. However, you may want to ask your SA what exactly is included in the price you were quoted. There may be some additional version coding in the Communications Platform required. The only way to find out for sure, is to have it checked.

The way I see it, you've got two choices. You can let the "stealership" do it, and if there's any problem, it'll be theirs, not yours. Or, you can do it yourself, and hope it works. If you have any problem though, you'll be forced to pay the "stealership" to fix it.

Either way, good luck with the project.

Sincerely,
ILUVMILS
MB "stealership" employee since 88'