View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 AM

W201 Wiper into a W124

Yesterday I finally got around to taking a second look at my motor and wiper on my 124 and here's what I found. After removing the linkage et al I can see that everything is moving fairly freely. I had the suspition that the motor was weak (wouldn't cycle all the way across the windshile) so I pulled one out of a 190E that was in a local pick and pull. I looked briefly at the terminals and they were the same so I took it. Well low and behold the connectors are the same but the pinouts are totally different. So after taking both of them apart and repinning the W201 connector to match my Euro W124 EVERYTHING WORKS!! I can't even tell you how awesome it is to have a wiper with all the snow and salt in Michigan right now. With a meter and about 20 minutes this is something anyone can do. It's amazing how quick the wiper whips across the window now so on to the next issue.