View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
I'm not surprised on the weight Dave. Probably without options, including those which are standard in the US, such as SRS, ABS, A/C & ACC, Electric Windows and Locks, Power Sunroof, ... those power seats must weigh 100# each.

The door sticker on my late '87 says 930# CC, not sure whether that is with or without fuel but hopefully it is as equipped on options, a US market sticker.

The tuning project sounds successful, sticking with the 2.65:1 gears or something a little hotter?
That's the weird thing, the 3375-lb. curb weight is for the USA-spec model! The stripped Euro model has a lower curb weight (per the TDM). The power seats are approx 70 lbs each, btw... I weighed them. Anyway if you add the weight of a full tank of fuel to the published curb weights, the result is awfully close to what the digital scales indicate (for an unmodified car), assuming 7 lbs per gallon * 18 gallons = 125lbs, plus 3375 curb wt = 3500 lbs fueled. (My modifications, stereo, etc add up to about an additional 100 lbs.)

I'm sticking with the 2.65 diff... anything lower (2.87, 3.07) would compromise MPG, freeway cruising, and top speed. As power increases, the car can tolerate taller gearing. If I got the power WAY up, I'd actually like a 2.47 ratio, but the speedo would need to be custom modified, since there was never a 2.47 installed in any 124, anywhere in the world (AFAIK). I also don't know if a 185mm gearset exists in that ratio.