View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 PM

new drivers seat... a change of perspective.

I got a new drivers seat from pick and pull. its not the best looking seat, but it is in great shape springs and matting are perfect and it sits great. only the skin of the seat has some ware marks and cracking vinyl.

i'm having one problem. the front left hand mounting pad won't mount up. the other 3 bolts went in just fine. everything lines up. but that front left one is all cockeyed. noting is bent, that i can see. it just seems to not be correct. i got the seat from an 83 SD and installed it into my 84 SD.

I think i can make it work by stacking some washers under the seat and using a longer bolt... and maybe drilling the mounting hole on the seat rail a little bigger.. but i don't want to ghetto rig this thing if i can help it. attached is a drawing of the problem.

The other thing... my car seems less sporty... i sit an extra 3 inches taller in the car... its just a side note.. but it all seems weird to me. i got so use to that broken down seat.