View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Benz addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNik84 View Post
back seat is in fine. the front seat was different then mine, in the fact that it was a power seat, not a power seat with seat memory... there was a brain under the seat that was in my car that was on a rail with motors. the motors from my original seat were shaped differently and everything.

the seat frame on the other hand looked exactly the same. so i transplanted the brain from my old seat to my new seat, and had to re-cable all of the motors because of the different length cables. it took me about 2 hours to do all that, but i got it all hooked up. there seems to be some sensors on the cables for the seat memory, they are between the motor and the cable. so the motor in the seat back for reclining the seat did not get changed. but i changed the rest of them. I've never had the seat memory work. but if i ever get ti to work again it will not recline the seat only move it forward and back and up and down... but who really cares.

BTW the seat frame on my old seat was completely broken. pretty freak'n crazy. that seat is done for.

Why didn't you just swap the entire power seat tracks?
Six screws, 3 per side, and your done.

Jim
85 300TD 4 spd man, euro bumpers and lights, 15" Pentas dark blue 274k miles