View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioSDL View Post
I had bought my 300 SDL just before my first son was born and now we are about to have our third boy.
my wife really misses that enormous back seat of the sdl for putting the car seat in there.
does anyone have experiance actually fastening in 3 of the little tykes in the back of a 126?
the problem is the width across with a booster seat and 2 car seats.
im trying to avoid becoming the minivan man.

and a question for the more seasoned vets here.
before the minivan/suv how did one cart all these kids around?
I've had 2 car seats and a booster seat bottom in my TD without too much trouble. It was on the tight side and wouldn't want to drive any long distances like that but it was definitely doable for regular running around and shorter trips. It all depends on how much your kids like/can tolerate each other's company. Infant seat in the center and the car seat and booster were on either side.

After kid #2 we broke down and bought a minivan. I couldn't imagine life without one now! Although my vanity went out the window a long time ago. Being able to spread them out and still carry everything you want or need goes a long way.

Before the minivan/suv a lot less people used car seats as long as we do now. My father bought a '66 Corvette Coupe because he could throw my brother and I in the back. Seatbelts? Overkill! (Although he always fastened up. Hmmmm....)

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)