View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 PM

Ok, checked out the car. Has 201,000 miles. The main problem it has which he guarantees will be fixed is that the shift points are all messed up. He had the tranny replaced recently and the shift points are now off. The tranny has a 50,000 mile warranty so he's taking it in to get it fixed this week. The mechanics think it's just a vacuum issue. Obviously, this would be a deal breaker for me. If it gets fixed, I'm probably going to buy it. Otherwise, I'll keep looking.

Ok, little problems, there are a couple dents on the car, just little ones, no bigger than an inch. There are a bunch of chips in the paint, not that it looks bad, but up close you can see them. The front two seats are perfect. The rear seat has a 1/2 inch tear, really small. The horn doesn't work but he'll have that fixed. The sunroof was slow to open and close which he claims will just need some lube, which he will do. I did notice a tiny speck of rust on the roof of the car along the sunroof, no bigger than 1 inch across and really thin. Appears to only be surface rust. No rust under the car that I could see.

Car was quiet with not a single vibration which was amazing!! After driving an 83 that was quite a shock. The 0-60 wasn't even that bad even with the tranny problems, which I'm sure will improve once that gets fixed. What should the 0-60 be anyways???

Ok, what do you all think? Assuming the tranny gets fixed, what do you think I should deduct from the price for those little problems? Everything else worked, AC, heater, cruise control, all electronics.

Thanks,
David