View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM

Generally speaking it's luck of the draw on the wheels. Sometimes there are wheels with vehicle, and on rare occasions there is even a spare in the trunk. (At least with W124 style wheels...) Most of the time the wheels are usually gone. Steel wheels a far more common than alloy ones. The other annoying thing is that if you get a wheel from PNP, they tend to try and charge for the tire as well unless the tire is flat or damaged. It's not as though a person can easily dismount a tire off the wheel at the wrecking yard either.

The Sacramento area PNP's seems to have a good assortment of W201's, W123's, W126's and sometimes W124's. There are three in the area, Rancho Cordova, Rocklin, and South Sacramento (Gerber Road). Only the Rancho Cordova PNP sorts out the MBZ's. The other yards have the MBZ's mixed in with the other imports.

The Moss Landing PNP is good because there is less traffic through that one so the hard to find parts are easier to come by.

W124 diesels are especially rare. W123 and W126 diesels are fairly common. Wagons are like finding a needle in a haystack.

I wish there were some PNP's closer to me, but I there aren't. I can only go to a PNP when I visit my in-laws in EDH or when I'm in Monterey.

-Steve
1970 Chevrolet K10 fleetside, shortbed