View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Mama's 300D

Thanks, Chuck. Yes, I saw the same thing in my manual. But in my daughters car, it's the #8 that's gone, and in the owners' manual that came with it, it shows the 8 as the blower. I went through the Haynes' book the other day, and even traced the schematic to all points touching the fuse, and it seemed plausible that that was the one. But when I opened up the box before writing the post, I saw that it was #8. The previous owner had said that he had the blower taken out and tested, but after reading quite a few posts on the habit of these blowers running , but pulling more juice due to dragging and wearing out, I think that it may be the one. I think I need to replace the blower, but I have to find a way to insert a fuse in this circuit, or change the box. I'm just not sure how to jump the box fuse with an inline fuse. How would you find the correct wire to jump to? I'll check diesel, but I figured the tech section would be the place to look for electrical problems. Thanks for your reply. I was beginning to feel invisible. Lee

1951 Chevy 3100

2003 Indian Chief Roadmaster

1983 GMC 1 ton Dually

1982 Chevy 1 ton Dually, service body (sold)

'90 GMC Suburban 6.2 "SS Veg-Burban"
(single tank WVO\diesel conversion) SOLD

'81 300D ~ Mama's car...my job (now my car)(but still my job) SOLD

'83 300sd ~ rescue car SOLD

2005 Ford Taurus (Mama's new car)(NOT my job!)