View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 AM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs7775 View Post
Thanks John,
First of all lets make sure I am trying to put in the correct harness. The one i have goes to the mass air flow meters and tons of other places. It has two sets of wires that go through the firewall that I assume go to the throttle controls. I am willing to put in the time to replace the whole harness if you can give me a starting point to take out the dash.(I put the old harness back in from the firewall foreward, the guy that was working on it couldn't get the dash out either so he gave me the car back with the harness torn out, firewall foreward). Is there a book that shows how to grt the dash out??Thanks, thanks, thanks, for all your help. todd
When you say tons of other places. Do you mean all on the engine, injectors ect with two big connectors going and 1 or 2 small connectors going into the computer box. Thats the engine wire harness. This is the way the 1996 is. Its not too bad.

If tons of other places means up and down the fenders and passes through the firewall on both sides. This is the forward chasis harness and it is a major pain in the ass on about the same level of pain as crucifiction. This wire harness does not include the mass flow sensors connectors on the 1996 SL600.

If its the major one that goes under the dash up and down both sides of the car. That is the mother of all wire harnesses. Pain lever would be about on par with the ending of the movie Brave Heart. This wire harness also does not include the mass flow sensors connectors on the 1996 SL600.