View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM

Bad news re: differential?

So the Sunday prior to super bowl Sunday I replaced my diff fluid. It almost cost me my two front teeth. I am still in pain and have a follow up next week.

The fluid seemed a little low when I drained it.

On the way to a jump Monday at about 55 I noticed a slight hum coming from the back end. On the way home from the jump, my steering feels all wrong, it's like I am driving a totally different car. You know that instable feeling you get when you drive too fast? (some of you might anyway) I feel that at 40mph now.

My concern is that maybe one of my rear wheels is spinning a little faster than the other? I don't think all this could be from throwing a weight, and I think it is highly unlikely that I did anything to throw off the alignment. I checked each tie-rod and they are good and tight. The only other thing I can think of is that this is the total opposite of the way it felt about 2 months ago when I replaced all the tie rods and the center link and steering dampner.. maybe the dampener has failed?

I got 2 new tires two weeks ago, and an alignment the week before that. I didn't experience anything funny until yesterday (Monday)

Fell off the WVO bandwagon when people started trying to charge $2.50 a gallon for dirty vegetable oil.