View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
MB, love..hate..love..

Rats! You have a different unit. From the pictures, it doesn't look like the sides of the 'reel' (part clamped to the casing) are removable from the center part, the 'spindle', where the slot/belt are. That would suggest that the attaching method is inside the core of the spindle/reel, accessible only when the side cover(s) is removed.

So, if taking those cover(s) off will solve the mysery, it would mean that the belt was inserted and fastened during production before the plastic side pieces were attached, and they look like rivets not screws.

That sounds unlikely to me. I'd think that they would manufacture the assembly first, then insert and fasten the belt later, for example, to have a choice of colors or length for different models.

In pic1, I see what looks like a small staple or rivet. Any chance this is what holds the belt in the slot?

Also, in pic 2, I see a center part on the plastic housing that appears like it is separate from the housing - can it be pried out to access the center of the spindle maybe?

I'll look and see if I can find a unit like yours, I may have one. You might have to grind off those rivets and sacrifice one unit to solve this....