View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Great Rod!!!! I had to laugh at the MB wiring harness. I hope it was not one of the biodegradable ones.

I am rethinking the sub in the trunk. There is an air passage way from the trunk thru the top cover compartment to the side panels in the rear. That is how the original owner ran the wires for the amp in the trunk and how I ran the power wires from the battery. The biggest problem I can think of is if the side panels end up squeaking and rattleing. Not sure how much a difference there would be top down vs top up. But between the cabin loss and the soft top getiing in the way the only way to know is to try. If it works you would not have to lose the rear seat. Thanks to the PO I do know if the side panels are cut open you will get road noise from the rear wheel wells. Also the plastic in the side panels is pretty brittle after 20 years.

It would be easy to throw the basslink in the trunk with a temporary setup to check it out.

If you go with your original idea I do not think putting holes in the cover panel would make any difference. Since you like to try different things it would be easy to try to make this setup a bandpass and play around with the port before you covered it.

I have not seen any 107's with speakers in the doors. From the pictures I have seen with the door panels off makes me think there is not much room. I have been thinking of creating speaker pods where the map pockets are but it might make it harder to get in and out of the car.