View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM

From a book point of view. They are sometimes close but rarely. I have been a dealer in the past and still buy and sell cars and the only people who use NADA are the bank. And no offense but every banker thinks they are a car dealer what a joke. KBB is the closest thing to a real value you will find but usually there private party price is higher than you can actually sell a car for. It seems everybody on Craigslist uses KBB to value their cars. My dad has a 99' Lexus LX470 with 72K loaded and in perfect condition. KBB private party is around $18,500. Manheim dealer software shows that dealers are paying close to that number or more for similiar cars at an auction. I'm sure they aren't losing money on them. As for the older cars and classics I haven't found a book you can count on yet. I was just trying to find out if that old 300CD was worth $500 or $1000 based on parts or somebody wanting to fix it up. Everybody claims how rare they are when they are selling so surely their is a need for parts.

Huck
99' XK8 Convert.
00' American Tradition 40' Diesel Pusher
00' F350 Crew Cab Dually 4x4 7.3L