To add to what Jeff has already suggested......
Sometimes if you have an SRS light that stays on AFTER the car is started, you may have worn brushes in the voltage regulator. In many cases, the ABS and the SRS light will remain on.
To get an idea of how the charging system is working, do the following:
- Obtain a VOM(voltage-ohm-meter)
- Set it to the 20 scale
- Start car
- Connect red lead to battery + post
- Connect black lead to battery - post
- Observe reading. Some say 13.5 volts is good
- If you're seeing anything much lower, brushes may be worn.