View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandownunda View Post
Hi All,

I have a '96 E300D with the same problem another described in a previoius thread..........at low/idle/parking situations, the power assist is almost nil....this is now occuring almost always. Since I never saw a resolution to the problem, I thought I'd ask on this thread....does replacing the fluid/filter fix this, or is this a power steering pump problem or ?

Thanks in advance,

Brian
I have the same year and model car, and with the cold weather...below 35 degrees, I experience the same symptoms. With the car parked overnight, when I first start out in the morning, the power steering assist is almost nill. I usually make a quick u turn, and after that all is well, until the next morning. Fluid is up to proper level, and all belts are good. The Mercedes shop manual makes mention of this particular symptom under the "customer complaint" section, but has no one good answer to remedy it. With temps over 35, with the car parked overnight, this "problem" is non existent, and never rears its ugly head regardless of temperature after the car is first started . Hope this helps you.