View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 PM
MBCA Member

Get ready for some work. I did the job on my 107 last summer. . the best place to start is to remove both seats (preferably, but it can be done with just the drivers seat removed, major PITA though), then remove the radio, the wood around the climate controls, and the two screws behind the ashtray, the ashtray assembly (unplug power connector) then remove the two screws that hold down the wood around your shifter (Lift up slightly to clear the shift gate and press back, its only held in its place by a pin that runs parallel to the ground. Next remove the kick panels under your dash, be careful though, those pieces have a tendency to crack and are a biitch to replace. Check that area in the foot wells for any kind of item fastening the console to the dash (I cant remember if there is or isn't, I think not, but check anyway, I wouldn't want you to damage anything. Lightly pull on the console towards the back of the car while lifting up slightly and it should pull free, if not go back and ensure you removed all the fasteners (I think I covered them all). If all are removed, voila, console out...PM me if you ned any further help, im always willing to assist a fellow 107 owner if I can.

-Current Stable-
'78 MB 450SL-C 107.024.12.020783 #3840 <Kayleen>
'85 FORD F250 6.9L Diesel <Allison>
'98 Lexus ES300 <Rachel>
Long Gone...
'74 Chevy G10...........................'99 GMC Yukon 4X4
'83 Chevy Suburban 6.2 diesel .....'99 SAAB 9-5
'90 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS............. '01 Chevy Tahoe
'98 Nissan Altima .......................'02 MB ML320
'88 Chevy Suburban V2500 4X4 6.2 diesel