View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Do you always use the same station? I bought gas at a local station lately, and when i stuck the nozzle in and pulled the trigget to lock it in at high flow, it tripped off, did that several times. After five minutes of playing I had barely 4 gallons in the tank. So I drove down the stree to another station and it filled up quickley. I tried two other stations other than my "usual" and at one other it would only let me trickle in. I used my nuclear brain to think about how the shut off works,a nd though maybe there was something in the filler that was causeing gas to back up in the filler. I played with it for a bit, and found that if I turned the nozzel 90 degrees clockwise, holding it to the left instead of straight down, it would let me fill up at high speed. My observation is, some pumps flow faster than others, and at higher flows it will back up in the filler neck, but if I rotate the nozzle about 90 degrees, it flows down the neck "better" and I can fill up at the higher speed.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV. Chuck

2007 PT Cruiser
2001 VW TDI Beetle
1999 Landrover Discovery II
1971 Corvette

Gone: 97 Cabrio, 83 240D, 93 VW Eurovan, 95 Volvo 850, 93 Chevy Astro Van, 77 VW Bus, 99 VW Jetta, 74 VW Bus