View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY View Post
Okay, so about half of my fluid connections ended up working relatively according to plan, and the others didn't at all, so I have some more questions...and FYI this is an m117 into w201 swap, so chassis side stuff is 201, where motor side connections are 117 specific

1) Is there any need to retain the little small coil on the high pressure line from the pwr steering pump (the one right next to the steering gearbox), or is that just for geometry so that the line will clear the wider I6 motor?

2) What kind of flare fittings are those on the chassis side of the fuel lines? They are 14 mm but my AN adapters won't fit over the flange part and the threaded part is way to long. Anyone know of a second type of adapter that could adapt the flare fitting back to standard metric thread, from which I could then use my AN metric adapters?

Thanks guys!
My 107 had no coil my 129 had a coil. My 107 with the V-12 from the 129 is ending up without a coil.

The fuel line fittings should be European DIN bubble flares shown in the picture and fairly easy to make or else the impossible to get DIN kugelbush as shown in the second picture. As far as adapting to standard AN. The metric 8mm tube, overlaps in tolarance with the SAE 5/16 tube.

Be careful. My attempt to flare and install a 45° SAE union would not seal gas perhaps a 35° AN would do better. The DIN bubble works excellent except for the fact that I cant find a union in 8mm.

Do a search for my post on fittings.

John Roncallo
Attached Thumbnails
More fluid line questions-dscf0018.jpg   More fluid line questions-dscf0019.jpg