View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodiesel300TD View Post
Your pump and booster sound fine to me. If you weren't getting 20" on the main vac line then I would persue the pump or the booster, but since you get 20" they should both be fine. The slow shutting down is going to be a leak somewhere else in the system. Try hooking your mity vac up to the shut-off valve on the back of the injection pump. Then start the car. They give the mity vac a pump. It should only take one or two pumps and the car should shut down immedetely(sp?). If it take more than two pumps or it still stumbles to a stop then the shut-off valve it bad. If it shuts off properly you'll need to investigate the rest of the vac system.
I must have worded that wrong, I was talking about taking 3-4 sec for the vac to drop to zero, it won't shut off with key at all, only manually under the hood, also hard brakes, feels like weak booster, and weird shifting if left in drive, when I shift manual it does OK, this is what started the hunt, I'll try and shut her down with the mityvac (why does that just sound wrong) and let you know......again thanks all for the help.

A Good Friend Will Bail You Out Of Jail,
But A True Friend Will Be Sitting Beside You Saying
"Damn That Was Fun"