View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 PM

I am grateful for all the help and answers here in this forum.

I have checked the idle control valve and I hear it by turning on the ignition. And I have also checked the throttle valve.

Considering the fact that I have opened 2 topics about my problems with this car I will tell here in short what has happened from the beginning.

At first the car was driving okay in the beginning (cold engine), now and then a plopping sound and another shrieking sound of which I thought I recognized as the sound of a bad generator or waterpump. That shreaking sound ended after a 10 minutes drive.

After I have driven for about 20 minutes or so I turned off the engine and then restarted the engine I observed the engine was not running smooth anymore. there was no power, just like 1 or 2 cylinders were not functioning.
The advice on this forum was that it could be the idle speed control unit. I have checked that and could not see anything special.

I have let the car running idle for half an hour and it ran smoothly. After that time the engine started to make a bad sound and stopped by itself.

From that time I cannot start the car anymore. Just 1 second on and then dies.

Could the shreaking sound I have heard in the beginning be from the injection pump? I am not sure, but maybe it is the injection pump that is the cause of my problems ? So when the engine was cold the injection pump functioned well and later when the engine was warm this pump was not functioning well.

I saw that one of the vacuum lines was loose from the throttle valve and therefor I have removed the complete fuel distributor and then put the vacuum line back in. But the engine still won't start.

So I have the idea, that it could be the injection pump, because I think I need that for vacuum which is needed to start the car ???

Can the injection pump be checked without a running engine ?

And where to begin to remove the injection pump ?

Quite a long story but it is to make you understand my problem better, I hope

THANKS !!