View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 AM

1969 280SE (108) .... just won't start now - help please ....

hi All,

Could someone please help me out.

I have a 1969 280SE (108) which I bought almost 18 months ago.

Its been running beautifully since, and unfortunately for the past 6 months it is rarely getting out of the garage.

So not much driving .... but the battery has held up.

It was due for rego last week - so I took it for the pink slip, drove back and parked the car.

Two days later I go to start the car, and the battery is flat out.

Called NRMA - and they hooked up the leads - but no luck. Starter motor cranking over - but the engine just wouldn't kick in. NRMA guy suggested that the flat battery was probably pulling all the power, and suggested that maybe I get the battery charged. He also checked the fuel pump and said all good.

So I bought a battery charger, and charged tha battery up over the weekend. Put it back in, and tried to start. Same again - enough power to get the starter motor going - but engine didn't kick in.

Put some fuel in - just to make sure it wasn't out of gas .... but the engine just won't start.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas.

I'm a novice - and when I bought it, I was hoping to learn how to maintain the car. It's just a dream to drive, however i've been caught up with renovating the house, whilst keeping the kids busy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Arun