View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
oh.. well.. I've had the old one since 12/05..so technically its still under warranty(36 months) .. if it checks out bad. It has to be bad since I have no parasitic loss from electronics when the car shuts off, I haven't hacked any wiring..well except to put in the stebel air horn but its switched with a relay

we'll see

$95 for a group 49 that will list eh... 2.5 years. sucks
That reminds me (the equinox part).....the past weekend I tried replacing the battery and cables on my Dad's '96 vette....and I had to remove the freaking fender just to get it out! I suppose performance trumped future maintenance access.

It was such a PITA though.....the positive cable post was completely corroded too and I had to order a new cable from the dealer ($95) and it's impossible to replace, as it's all tucked in behind the rear of the block and it branches off 3 or 4 different ways. Just a nightmare. Finally, I just said screw it.....threaded the old post back into a new battery (got it started) and told him to deal with it (or have a mechanic do it). I'm such a bad son.

Last edited by Jordan G; 03-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.