View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 02:48 PM

<<
If that's true, you have read all of my postings about all of the research I have done on the subject...
>>
Sorry, Scott , if you call that research. I have read your posts and found them full of convoluted mis-information. I use a few in the first thread you posted as examples:

<<
Mercedes should revise their literature, as a CF rated oil is not designed for use in direct injection diesel engines. Mobil 1 has a CF rating. In my 1982 300SD, it would work great, but in a newer diesel with direct injection you need a CG-4 or even a CH-4 rated oil. DelVac or DelVac 1, DELO 400 or Rotella T may meet your requirements.
>>
Can you tell me which Mercedes diesel, sold in the US, is direct injection?

<<
An older Mercedes diesel with indirect injection will do just fine with Castrol 20W50.
>>
Are you saying Castrol 20W50 carries a C rating? Do you have a scan? I agree with you that a diesel engine should use oil that carries a C rating but Castrol 20W50 does not have that. Yes, oil has changed, so has the ratings (you said, oil has not changed, only the ratings).

I can go on and on and on if I have the time.

You can have the last word on this thread as I am not going to reply anymore to your posting.

Last edited by loubapache; 02-25-2002 at 02:58 PM.