View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Sounds like you got a real good deal for the condition. I would get that rust taken care of right away before it gets away from you. One area to take at look at right away is the timing chain and guides. Don't know how many miles it has, but if something fails in that area, you will be in deep trouble. When I bought mine, found out one of the plastic chain guides had broke and wedged itself between the chain and block. A disaster waiting to happen. Would not hurt to change the plastic oil connections on top of the camshaft as they can get brittle. Also check all plastic vacuum lines and hoses under the hood, as the heat and age can also make them brittle.

Be prepared for sticker shock when buying parts. These are considered prestige or executive cars, so parts are higher. And figure on putting a little money in it to get it up to your standards. Seems like there is aways something on the to-do list to make it just a little better. But for what you paid, you have room to spend some on it.

I bought mine the same day I saw it too. Sometimes you just know right away when you've found the right car.

Enjoy!