View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
forgotmorethenmostknow

what is it called

Now the anwser to that question is yes he would need and alignment, but he didn't ask that, now I could give a step by step procedure on this is done if you would like along with pictures and the workes, I restore Mercedes for a living and a hobbie I have one in my shop right now I'm going to start on Monday I have done several and have lost count by now, But yes it would mean if I were doing it and alignment would be required, but then I have all the tools to do the job right and that has always ment me pulling everything out and re bushing everything subframe and both control arms upper and lower ball joints and bushings and you mine as well replace tie rods there more then likely worn out too, along with checking steering box adjustment and then doing a front end alignment and toe end setting and by the way that would be 0 degrees with same distances front and back of tires, and then a little caster and 0 the camber, but I might just put a repair thread up here with pictures and how to do just that. If anyone really wants to know how to do this a manual is a good place to start so you might have a better understanding of what is required. I don't believe in short cuts I beleive in doing it right the first time and that takes some special tools and mechanical experience and knowledge. but thats my opinion. Jerry, ASE,Master Mechanic retired

Last edited by pop & blow; 03-07-2008 at 03:22 PM.